- Consent for Cookies and Personalized Ads
- Collection of Personal Data
We collect and process personal data from our end users for various purposes, including but not limited to improving our website, providing our services, and personalizing ads. The types of personal data we collect may include, but are not limited to:
- Contact information (such as name and email address).
- Technical information (such as IP address, browser type, and device information).
- Usage data (such as pages visited, interactions with our site, and search queries).
- Cookies and similar technologies (to track your online behavior).
- Sharing of Personal Data
As a consequence of using Google products, the following parties may collect, receive, or use personal data from our end users:
- Google Inc.: Google Analytics and Google AdSense may collect and process data in accordance with their respective privacy policies.
- Use of Personal Data for Personalization of Ads
We may use your personal data to personalize ads that are displayed to you based on your interests and online behavior. This helps us make our advertising more relevant to you. Your data may also be used for analytics and to improve our website and services.
- Data Retention
- Your Rights and Choices
You have the following rights concerning your personal data:
- Access: You can request access to the personal data we hold about you.
- Correction: You can request that we correct any inaccuracies in your personal data.
- Deletion: You can request the deletion of your personal data, subject to legal requirements.
- Objection: You can object to the processing of your personal data for certain purposes.
- Portability: You can request a copy of your personal data in a structured, commonly used format.
- Withdraw Consent: If you have given your consent for certain processing activities, you can withdraw it at any time.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.